Built with ultralight in-mold construction and a slimline vent system, the alpine-touring compatible Smith Altus MIPS snow helmet offers a modern, low profile with Koroyd® and MIPS® for protection.
- Rotational motion can cause brain injuries; with MIPS, a low-friction layer slides 10 to 15 mm in all directions, reducing rotational motion to the brain during impact
- Aerocore in-mold construction delivers ventilated protection featuring patented Koroyd material, integrated skeletal structure and Aramid filament reinforcement
- Koroyd is an open-cell protective material that absorbs more energy on impact than traditional helmets while also increasing airflow
- AirEvac™ ventilation offers adjustable climate control via 10 vents; Regulator shutter button lets you modify the level of airflow and heat exhaust, even while wearing gloves
- Helmet offers goggles integration for maximum airflow and audio compatibility for keeping up with your crew
- Helmet is designed to match goggles-frame curvature, eliminating the gap and allowing alignment between AirEvac and goggles venting to vent warm, moist air away from goggles
- Attaches easily to your backcountry ski pack and has a retainer clip to help keep track of your goggles
- Tried and true VaporFit™ adjustable fit system ensures a dialed-in fit
- XT2® antibacterial performance lining inhibits the growth of bacteria that consume sweat and cause odors
- Compatible with Aleck, Outdoor Tech and Skullcandy audio systems (not included)
To find your size, position a tape measure just above your ears and about 1 in. above your eyebrows. Keep the tape level to measure the circumference around the largest part of your head and then find the corresponding size in the Technical specs info.